An actual conversation:
Dude: Do you celebrate Christmas?
Me: I’m a Jew.
Dude: I know, but, do you celebrate Christmas?
(And this guy knows that my whole family is Jewish, so I’m definitely not of mixed-faith)
Dudette: Are you getting a little Christmas tree for your dorm?
Me: Nope, but I do have my dinky light-up menorah.
Dudette: Aw, cute. But are you getting a tree too?
Me: Nah, I’m a Jew, you know that.
Dudette: I know, but a Christmas tree is like an American thing, you know?
Me: Er, I thought it was more of a Christian thing…
Dudette: [sincerely and well-meaning] Oh, it’s fine, I get it, you’re Jewish.
Dudette: But even though you’re a Jew, you’re still gonna put up lights, right?
In response to my friends’ definitions of the words “Jew” and “Christmas”:
- andreitrostel likes this
- estherboogie likes this
- olvjn likes this
- keasbeydays said: I’m an atheist and I still celebrate Christmas :/ Only the lights and trees and gifts and SAANNTTTAAAAAAAAAA parts though.
- bitchdere likes this
- jplaizure likes this
- bassdrumtardis reblogged this from boston-ivy
- allonsy221b said: my friend has lights with plastic stars of david on them so they glow, they are pretty cool
- allonsy221b likes this
- andrewgarfieldtakeme said: best use of a gif I’ve seen in so long.
- yourswearword said: WOW. People really are retarded sometimes. But that’s cool that you’re Jewish!
- fathomed-into-constellations likes this
- awalkingballuvawkwardsauce likes this
- basilsaurus said: Ugh. That must be so annoying!
- anthonypianoman likes this
- acetabulous likes this
- blakewillneverfindthis reblogged this from boston-ivy and added:
- squid-pope likes this
- claudedmonets likes this
- ncarragay likes this
- wannabe-badwolf likes this
- boston-ivy posted this